Gozo Movie Tour
This tour offers the chance to discover the secrets of Gozo as a movie destination. Explore the hidden movie locations of Gozo, chosen by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to set their last movie “By the Sea”. You will have the opportunity of taking amazing photographs of the breath-taking sceneries plus all the highlights of Gozo.
The program for the afternoon is:
- Private transfer from hotel to Mtarfa – your departure point for the speedboat
- Jet across to Gozo on the same speedboat as the one used by ‘Brangelina’ to scout out the ideal locations for her movie, ‘By the Sea’. The driver of the speedboat is happy to answer any questions.
- On the way to Gozo - Tour of the Comino Caves, Blue Lagoon and the hidden Crystal Lagoon - Explore the spot where ‘Brangelina’ would come to dive and spend time with their children on their private yacht during their honeymoon in Gozo.
- Arrival by speedboat in Gozo
- A chauffeur will take you through the scenic roads across the hills, which the famous couple drove through in the movie
- Visit Mgarr-Ix-Xini Fjord, where the ‘By the Sea’ set was built - have a refreshment at the Kiosk which featured as the little village shop in the movie
- Afterwards, visit the Ta’Cenc Cliffs and the area where ‘Brangelina’ were staying with their crew during the filming.
- Tour of Victoria and the citadel, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were spotted in Victoria, the capital of Gozo, on numerous occasions during the filming of ‘By the Sea’ and while on their honeymoon, spending some of their free time there. It was here that Angelina Jolie had a gold watch engraved – a present which she gave to Brad Pitt after their wedding.
- Visit of Gharb, some of the scenes in ‘By the Sea’ were filmed in Gharb, Gozo’s oldest village, dating back to 1679.
- The day will end with a final pit stop at the Azure Window, to enjoy a sunset aperitif. Angelina Jolie would go jogging and training here. The same location has previously been used for some episodes of the renowned series ‘Game of Thrones’.
During your visit you will meet with some background talents who were involved in the movie. They will reveal some details and their stories about the set.
Whilst in Gozo, you will also have the chance to visit some of Gozo’s other highlights such as the salt pans at Marsalforn, the scenic inlet of Wied il Ghasri and the Ta’ Pinu Sanctuary.
Optional items with this package:
- 4- course Dinner at the elegant Ta’ Frenc Restaurant in Gozo on the day of the tour – This restaurant was used for a key scene in the movie – supplement euro 45 per person excluding beverages. Appropriate smart clothing required.
- Additional 2 hours stop by private speedboat at the Blue Lagoon and Crystal Lagoon on Comino with Prosecco and traditional Gozitan snacks. Euro 15 per person
PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Current special offer on accommodation
- Luxury accommodation in the room category of your choice
- Daily buffet breakfast for two.
- Transport to / from boat
- Ferry tickets.
- Custom made tour with transfers and private chauffeur in Gozo.
- Full use of the spa facilities, indoor pool, fitness centre and sauna at the Apollo Spa.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Minimum length of stay: 3 nights.
- Rates are based on two guests sharing and are inclusive of VAT.
- Tour is weather permitting and subject to availability.
- Client is to specify desired date of tour at booking stage.
- Pick up time is 13:00 on date of your choice.
- Supplement of €95 per person for each additional individual over and above 2 guests.
- Return to hotel at approx. 20:00
- Optional dinner supplement €45 per person (return after dinner approx. 22:00)
- Reservation may be cancelled free of charge up to 72 hours before arrival.
- Late cancellation or no-show will incur a charge of the first night.
- Package/Offer is valid till 31.12.16 inclusive.