The Explorer’s Penthouse
A trek to the outer reaches of Knightsbridge. A journey downriver. An expedition to the hidden corners of Hyde Park. Few base-camps are as luxuriously well equipped as The Explorer’s Penthouse.
Here, a sense of style counts for more than a sense of adventure. Evoking the elegance of the British Empire and the Belle Époque, the contemporary suite is a safe haven of comfortable opulence. With generous living space, a private balcony and a sweeping staircase leading to the upper-floor master bedroom, the emphasis is on gracious, carefree living. In the bathrooms, Crema Perla limestone floors and walls blend with Calacatta Oro marble surfaces to complete the picture of unrestrained luxury.
Amid the indulgence, intrepid travellers will recognise subtle pointers to the theme of exploration. The textured panels and leather-trimmed sisal rug are nods towards life under canvas on safari, the chandelier reflects a mechanical model of the solar system and the shelves display attractive curios of travel. Underfoot, the end-grain oak parquet is an unusually natural touch, while the bathroom’s vanity washstands and freestanding mirrors are reminiscent of luxury on the move.
To book The Explorer's Penthouse please contact us on +44 (0)20 7321 3000 or email [email protected].
features and services:
- Personal 24-hour butler
- Complimentary chauffeured car for local drop-offs
- Personal luggage collection and delivery
- Unpacking on arrival and packing on departure
- In-suite check-in
- Tea and coffee served in-suite upon arrival and daily with wake-up call
- Daily seasonal amenity and mineral water; fresh flowers
- Daily newspapers and a selection of magazines
- 24–hour in-room dining
- Complimentary shoeshine service
- Personal shopping upon request
- Luxury bathroom products by ESPA
- Access to an extensive private wine collection
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- The latest in entertainment technology is provided by a bespoke multi-room media system
- Internal size 111m²/1187ft²
- Balcony size 4m²/43ft²
- Size 115m²/1230ft²
- Entrance lobby with bevelled mirror paneling and a decorative side table
- Staircase with contemporary Orrery chandelier featuring hand-blown glass
- Lounge area with a bespoke furniture, including a walnut desk with cantilevered drawers and an Armani Casa desk chair
- Master bedroom with a working gas fire
- Master bathroom in Crema Perla limestone with two dark timber and Calcatta Oro marble washstands
- Walk-in wardrobe lit by daylight from a dormer window
- Balcony terrace with Crema Perla paving
- Connecting bedroom
Why not experience the Suite Life for longer? Book this wonderful experience for four nights and receive one night free of charge