The Explorer’s Penthouse
A trek to the outer reaches of Knightsbridge. A journey downriver. An expedition to the hidden corners of Hyde Park. Few base-camps are as luxuriously well equipped as The Explorer’s Penthouse.
Here, a sense of style counts for more than a sense of adventure. Evoking the elegance of the British Empire and the Belle Époque, the contemporary suite is a safe haven of comfortable opulence. With generous living space, a private balcony and a sweeping staircase leading to the upper-floor master bedroom, the emphasis is on gracious, carefree living. In the bathrooms, Crema Perla limestone floors and walls blend with Calacatta Oro marble surfaces to complete the picture of unrestrained luxury.
Amid the indulgence, intrepid travellers will recognise subtle pointers to the theme of exploration. The textured panels and leather-trimmed sisal rug are nods towards life under canvas on safari, the chandelier reflects a mechanical model of the solar system and the shelves display attractive curios of travel. Underfoot, the end-grain oak parquet is an unusually natural touch, while the bathroom’s vanity washstands and freestanding mirrors are reminiscent of luxury on the move.
To book The Explorer's Penthouse please contact us on +44 (0)20 7321 3000 or email [email protected].
THE EXPLORER'S PENTHOUSE FEATURES
- Internal size 111m²/1187ft²
- Balcony size 4m²/43ft²
- Size 115m²/1230ft²
- Entrance lobby with bevelled mirror panelling and a decorative side table
- Staircase with a contemporary Orrery chandelier featuring hand blown glass lamps
- Lounge area with a bespoke collection of furniture from a walnut desk with cantilevered drawers to an Armani Casa desk chair
- Master bedroom with a working gas fire
- Master bathroom in Crema Perla limestone with two dark timber and Calcatta Oro marble washstands
- Walk-in wardrobe lit by daylight from a dormer window
- A balcony terrace with Crema Perla paving
- Bathrooms in Crema Perla Limestone
- The latest in entertainment technology is provided by a bespoke multi-room media system
- Connecting bedroom
THE EXPLORER'S PENTHOUSE AMENITIES
- Personal 24-hour butler service
- Complimentary chauffeured car service for local drop-offs
- Personal luggage collection and delivery service
- Unpacking service on arrival and packing service on departure
- In-suite check-in
- Tea and coffee served in-suite upon arrival and daily with wake-up call
- Daily seasonal amenity and mineral water
- Fresh flowers
- Daily newspapers and a selection of magazines
- 24–hour in-room dining
- Bespoke luxury bathroom products by ESPA Life
- Complimentary shoeshine service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Personal shopping upon request
- Access to an extensive private wine collection
At the heart of each bed at Corinthia London is a sumptuous Hypnos bed mattress, the ultimate sleep indulgence. Enjoy the feeling of complete relaxation with a memorable night's sleep that will re-energise the body, mind and soul.
Why not experience the Suite Life for longer? Book this wonderful experience for four nights and receive one night free of charge