Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business,whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion.
As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions.
All Corinthia hotels feature extensive leisure and business traveller facilities and are renowned for their unique characters. Corinthia Hotels’ portfolio comprises:
Corinthia Hotel London which opened its doors in April 2011 and is the company’s flagship
Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg in Russia
Corinthia Hotel Budapest in Hungary
Corinthia Hotel Lisbon in Portugal
Corinthia Hotel Prague in the Czech Republic
Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay in Malta
Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa in Malta
Corinthia Hotel Tripoli in Libya
Corinthia Hotel Khartoum in Sudan
Corinthia Hotels are managed by Corinthia Hotels International Limited which is the operating arm of International Hotel Investments (IHI) PLC, a publicly-traded company in Malta.
As a leading hotel company, Corinthia Hotels International Limited provides a full range of technical assistance and management services to other hotel owners worldwide.
For more information, please visit corinthia.com
A CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY
- 1962 Opening of the Corinthia Restaurant in a 19th Century Stately Home in Malta
- 1968 Opening of Corinthia Palace Hotel in the grounds of the Corinthia Restaurant
- 1969 Opening of first conference centre in Malta – The Chameleon at the Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa
- 1993 Re-opening of refurbished Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa in Attard
- 1995 Opening of Corinthia Hotel St. Georges Bay in St Julians, Malta
- 1996 Acquisition of The Aquincum Hotel in Budapest
- 1997 Acquisition of Top Spirit, a holding company in the Czech Republic owning 10 hotels across the country, including what eventually became the Corinthia Hotel Prague
- 1997 Acquisition of the derelict building of the former Grand Hotel Royal in Budapest and commencement of a major rebuilding project
- 1998 Acquisition of land in Tripoli, Libya for the construction of the Group's first five star hotel in that country
- 2002 Acquisition of the five-star Corinthia Nevskij Palace Hotel in St Petersburg, Russia. Opening of the five star Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal in Budapest following re-build
- 2003 Opening of the five star Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal in Budapest following re-build
- 2003 Opening of the newly constructed five star Corinthia Hotel Tripoli in Libya
- 2004 Re-opening of the refurbished Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, Portugal
- 2006 Inauguration of Royal Residence at Corinthia in Budapest. Inauguration of Royal Spa at Corinthia Budapest.
- 2007 Laying of foundation stone for the reconstruction and extension of the Corinthia Hotel in St Petersburg, Russia.
- 2008 Acquisition of the former Metropole Building in central London for redevelopment as the Corinthia Hotel London.
- 2009 Launch of Corinthia Hotels Brand Image.
- Re-opening of the newly refurbished and extended Corinthia Hotel St.Petersburg
- 2011 Opening of Corinthia Hotel London