Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business,whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion.
As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions.
All Corinthia hotels feature extensive leisure and business traveller facilities and are renowned for their unique characters. Corinthia Hotels’ portfolio comprises:
Corinthia Hotel London which opened its doors in April 2011 and is the company’s flagship
Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg in Russia
Corinthia Hotel Budapest in Hungary
Corinthia Hotel Lisbon in Portugal
Corinthia Hotel Prague in the Czech Republic
Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay in Malta
Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa in Malta
Corinthia Hotel Tripoli in Libya
Corinthia Hotel Khartoum in Sudan
Corinthia Hotels are managed by Corinthia Hotels International Limited which is the operating arm of International Hotel Investments (IHI) PLC, a publicly-traded company in Malta.
As a leading hotel company, Corinthia Hotels International Limited provides a full range of technical assistance and management services to other hotel owners worldwide.
For more information, please visit corinthia.com
A CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY
- 1962 Opening of the Corinthia Restaurant in a 19th Century Stately Home in Malta
- 1968 Opening of Corinthia Palace Hotel, on Tuesday June 11, 1968 by His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 1969 Opening of first conference centre in Malta – The Chameleon at the Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa
- 1976 Opening of the Corinthia Mistra Village in Malta as an apart-hotel. Sold in 2000.
- 1982 Opening of the Corinthia Jerma Hotel in Malta. Sold in 2000.
- 1990 Acquisition of the Corinthia Labranda and the Corinthia Gulluk in Turkey. De-branded in the late 1990s
- 1990 Acquisition of the Corinthia Excelsior in Turkey. Sold in 2014.
- 1995 Acquisition of the five-star Corinthia Tekirova in Turkey. Sold in 2014.
- 1995 Opening of the Corinthia Hotel St Georges Bay in St Julians, Malta
- 1996 Acquisition of the Corinthia Aquincum Hotel in Budapest, renamed the Aquincum Hotel Budapest in 2004
- 1997 Acquisition of Top Spirit real estate group, a holding company in the Czech Republic owning 10 hotels across the country, including what eventually became the Corinthia Hotel Prague
- 1997 Acquisition of the Grand Hotel Royal in Budapest, one of the city’s grandest buildings and situated on the Erzsebet Boulevard. Commencement of a major rebuilding project for the five-star Corinthia & Residences
- 1997 Acquisition of the Marina Hotel forming part of the Corinthia Beach Resort
- 1998 Acquisition of the Corinthia Tunisia in Tunis, re-branded as a Ramada Plaza in 2004
- 1998 Acquisition of the Corinthia Panorama in Prague, Czech Republic
- 1998 Acquisition of land in Tripoli, Libya for the construction of the Corinthia Hotel & Commercial Centre, the country’s first five-star hotel
- 2001 Acquisition of the five-star Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, Portugal in the financial heart of the city
- 2002 Acquisition of the five-star Corinthia Nevskij Palace Hotel in St Petersburg, Russia in the heart of the city on Nevsky Prospekt. Reconstruction and extension of the Building into a hotel, retail and commercial centre
- 2002 Opening of the five star Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal & Residences in Budapest following re-build
- 2003 Opening of the newly constructed five star Corinthia Hotel & Commercial Centre, Tripoli, Libya
- 2004 Opening of the Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, Sudan on the historic location at the confluence of the white and Blue Nile
- 2004 Re-opening of the refurbished Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, Portugal
- 2006 Inauguration of Royal Residences at Corinthia in Budapest. Inauguration of Royal Spa at Corinthia Budapest.
- 2007 Acquisition of a derelict Italianate Al-Jazeera Building on the foreshore of Benghazi, Libya
- 2008 Acquisition of the former Ministry of Defence Building in Whitehall London. Opened as the Corinthia Hotel & Residences in 2011.
- 2015 Inauguration of plans for the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay, Marina Hotel and Radisson Blu Resort St Julians to be re-developed into a luxury residential, retail and commercial destination featuring two hotels including the Mediterranean’s first six-star hotel