The Writer’s Penthouse
The next chapter. A postcard home. In all its guises, the written word is celebrated here. Anyone who can write... anything... will be inspired by its comfortable charm.
Not surprisingly, the desk occupies a premier position within the library-like lounge. Custom-designed and crafted from dark walnut, the two-metre-long writing table features nickel metalwork details to the underside and high-quality leather inlay to the desktop. Around the walls, over a thousand books add to the literary ambiance, complemented by artwork featuring handwritten letters.
Notwithstanding the wordy allusions, this penthouse suite is not a mere writer’s den but a stylish, sophisticated London residence. Any discerning guest will warm to its discreet luxury and easy-going opulence, as evidenced by the bespoke Makassar ebony cocktail cabinet. A triumph of understated urbanity, it features mirrored pullout trays, leather-lined drawers and a fold-down cocktail-making area. Other elegant touches include a limestone fireplace, antique writing bureau and unique side table with a mirror-like cast resin top. Upstairs, linked by a private internal lift, the king-size bed, bespoke bedside cabinets and bathroom of Fior di Bosco marble extend the theme of quiet, sumptuous comfort.
To book The Writer's Penthouse please contact us on
+44 (0)20 7321 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Internal size 145 m2 / 1560 ft2
- Terrace size 21 m2/ 212 ft2
- Balcony size 4 m2 / 43 ft2
- Size 170 m2 / 1815 ft2
- Entry Lobby with dark panelled walls and dark stained panelled parquet flooring
- Generous sweeping staircase covered with luxurious woven carpet
- A dark timber double-height lounge with custom designed dark walnut desk
- Walk in wardrobe
- Master bedroom with direct access to the internal balcony over the reading room below and to a small Juliette balcony with seating overlooking the internal courtyard
- Master bathroom of Fior di Bosco marble has a separate WC and bidet, separate shower, separate built-in bath and a double Calacatta marble vanity unit
- A roof terrace
- The latest in entertainment technology is provided by a bespoke multi-room media system
- An internal lift / elevator
- Connecting bedroom
- Double-height lounge
- Personal 24 hour Butler Service
- Complimentary chauffeured car service with return airport/station transfers and local drop-off's
- Personal luggage collection and delivery service
- Unpacking service on arrival and packing service on departure
- In-suite check-in
- Tea and coffee served in-suite upon arrival and daily with wake-up call
- Daily seasonal amenity and mineral water.
- Fresh flowers
- Daily newspapers and a selection of magazines
- 24–hour in-room dining
- Bespoke luxury bathroom amenities by ESPA Life
- Complimentary shoeshine service
- Complimentary WIFI with uncontended internet access
- Personal shopping upon request
- Access to an extensive private wine collection
- ESPA Life at Corinthia gift voucher
- Farewell gift