The Whitehall Penthouse
A private internal lift leads to a penthouse retreat designed for guests who habitually wield power and influence... particularly those in the habit of making decisions amid restrained, reserved grandeur.
On Armistice Day, 1918, Winston Churchill stood at a window of this building watching the crowds celebrate below. Would the great statesman feel comfortable in The Whitehall Penthouse today? We think so. Certainly, he would appreciate the cigar humidor, the curved two-metre-long leather-topped desk and the high-tech communication system. He might also approve of the Savile Row styled dressing room and whisky bar.
With dark limed oak panelling and red-leather-panelled bookshelves, the lounge and study have the genteel elegance of a refined gentlemen’s club, albeit with light contemporary touches. On the upper turreted floor, the king-sized bed stands on a sumptuous rug surrounded by the dark stained oak floor, tinted with a light lime wash. The bathroom features a walk-in shower encased in Nero Marquina stone and a bespoke Apaiser stone bathtub, with flooring formed from three varieties of marble. Outside, on the private terrace with views towards Whitehall and Big Ben, a giant chess set provides a diversion from the affairs of state or business.
To book The Whitehall Penthouse please contact us on
+44 (0)20 7321 3000 or email email@example.com.
- Internal size 108 m2 / 1185 ft2
- Terrace size 52 m2 / 560 ft2
- Size 160 m2 / 1745 ft2
- Dark timber panelled entrance Lobby
- Angled staircase with decorative hanging pendant
- Lounge and study area with a bespoke furniture collection and large curved writing desk
- Master Bedroom
- A private lobby connecting to a Savile Row-style dressing room
- Master bathroom is a mixture of Nero Marquena, Calacatta Oro and Gilallo Siena marble
- A well-proportioned terrace has 270-degree views of the London skyline and boasts a chessboard with chess pieces inset in the Stattorio marble flooring
- The latest in entertainment technology is provided by a bespoke multi-room media system
- Internal lift / elevator
- Personal 24 hour Butler Service.
- Complimentary chauffeured car service for local drop-off's
- Personal luggage collection and delivery service
- Unpacking service on arrival and packing service on departure
- In-suite check-in
- Tea and coffee served in-suite upon arrival and daily with wake-up call
- Daily seasonal amenity and mineral water
- Fresh flowers
- Daily newspapers and a selection of magazines
- 24–hour in-room dining
- Bespoke luxury bathroom amenities by ESPA Life
- Complimentary shoeshine service
- Complimentary WIFI with uncontended internet access
- Personal shopping upon request
- Access to an extensive private wine collection