Grand Budapest Hotel
Go ‘behind the scenes’ of Budapest and a grand hotel and discover the roots of the Hungarian film industry
Wes Anderson's latest all-star film The Grand Budapest Hotel recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the two World Wars. But what hotel inspired this movie? If you check out the history of Corinthia Hotel Budapest, formerly the Grand Hotel Royal, you can’t fail to spot the common points between our former mantle and the movie’s Grand Budapest Hotel.
Did you know that the first movie screening in Hungary took place at our Grand Ballroom, which was then transformed in to the Royal Apollo cinema in 1915? Or how about which Hollywood legends resided at the Presidential Suite since 1896?
Discover the secrets of our hotel’s history during the ‘Behind the Scenes’ tour and follow in the footsteps of the stars with a walking tour of Budapest to visit the city’s most famous film shoot locations.
Package Price Includes
- Accommodation for 2 persons in an Executive room for 3 nights
- Access to the Executive Club
- Access to the Royal Spa
- Generous buffet breakfast
- Limousine service to and from the airport
- Evening sightseeing cruise with welcome drink on the river Danube
- ‘Behind the scenes’ hotel tour focusing on film industry
- Walking city tour - Budapest favourite movie shooting places
Terms and Conditions
- Offer is valid from 10.04.2014 to 25.12.2014 inclusive. Offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.
- Reservations must be guaranteed to credit card at time of booking
- Rates are exclusive of VAT, City Tax,
- Offer is not valid for group bookings
- Cancellations Policy: min. 72 hours before arrival. Late cancellation or no-show charge: 100% of 3 nights stay
- Minimum length of stay 3 nights
- Spa Policy: In order to keep the relaxing ambiance of our Spa, please note that children under the age of 16 are allowed to use the Royal Spa every day only between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied at all times by an adult who is competent in swimming. Thank you for your understanding!