The next chapter. A postcard home. In all its guises, the written word is celebrated here. Anyone who can write... anything... will be inspired by its comfortable charm.
Not surprisingly, the desk occupies a premier position within the library-like lounge. Custom-designed and crafted from dark walnut, the two-metre-long writing table features nickel metalwork details to the underside and high-quality leather inlay to the desktop. Around the walls, over a thousand books add to the literary ambiance, complemented by artwork featuring handwritten letters.
Notwithstanding the wordy allusions, this penthouse suite is not a mere writer’s den but a stylish, sophisticated London residence. Any discerning guest will warm to its discreet luxury and easy-going opulence, as evidenced by the bespoke Makassar ebony cocktail cabinet. A triumph of understated urbanity, it features mirrored pullout trays, leather-lined drawers and a fold-down cocktail-making area. Other elegant touches include a limestone fireplace, antique writing bureau and unique side table with a mirror-like cast resin top. Upstairs, linked by a private internal lift, the king-size bed, bespoke bedside cabinets and bathroom of Fior di Bosco marble extend the theme of quiet, sumptuous comfort.
To book The Writer's Penthouse please contact us on +44 (0)20 7321 3000 or email [email protected].
THE WRITER'S PENTHOUSE FEATURES
- Internal size 145m²/1560ft²
- Terrace size 21m²/212ft²
- Balcony size 4m²/43ft²
- Size 170m²/1815ft²
- Entry lobby with dark panelled walls and dark stained panelled parquet flooring
- Generous sweeping staircase covered with luxurious woven carpet
- A dark timber double-height lounge with custom designed dark walnut desk
- Walk-in wardrobe
- Master bedroom with direct access to the internal balcony over the reading room below and to a small Juliette balcony with seating overlooking the internal courtyard
- Master bathroom of Fior di Bosco marble has a separate WC and bidet, separate shower, separate built-in bath and a double Calacatta marble vanity unit
- A roof terrace
- The latest in entertainment technology is provided by a bespoke multi-room media system
- An internal lift/elevator
- Connecting bedroom
- Double-height lounge
THE WRITER'S PENTHOUSE AMENITIES
- Personal 24-hour butler service
- Complimentary chauffeured car service for local drop-offs
- Personal luggage collection and delivery service
- Unpacking service on arrival and packing service on departure
- In-suite check-in
- Tea and coffee served in-suite upon arrival and daily with wake-up call
- Daily seasonal amenity and mineral water.
- Fresh flowers
- Daily newspapers and a selection of magazines
- 24–hour in-room dining
- Bespoke luxury bathroom products by ESPA Life
- Complimentary shoeshine service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Personal shopping upon request
- Access to an extensive private wine collection
At the heart of each bed at Corinthia London is a sumptuous Hypnos bed mattress, the ultimate sleep indulgence. Enjoy the feeling of complete relaxation with a memorable night's sleep that will re-energise the body, mind and soul.
Why not experience the Suite Life for longer? Book this wonderful experience for four nights and receive one night free of charge